Sunday, February 3, 2008

An Inconvenient Timeline

Well, here it is. The great unveiling of the finished basement...
Let me pass along the timeline of events...

Summer 2005 - Begin work on the basement...



January 2008 - Finally finish framing, sheetrock, paint, moulding, etc...









Monday, January 30, 2008 - Carpet is laid, family is ecstatic about the new space...





Kids have a ball...




Baby Alan rolls around on the carpet...



... Five days later... Saturday, February 2, 2008... Sewer backs up in the basement, soaking a fair amount of the five day old carpet...



Spend all day cursing, dealing with roto-rooter, cursing at the home builder (who screwed up the main drain line, as as shown from the camera of roto-rooter man...), cursing, drying out the floor, dealing with the insurance company, cursing, cleaning up human waste on my hands and knees from the brand new carpet, and from the basement bath tub, drying the nasty brand new carpet, cursing, and wondering about the horrible timing of it all...

Sunday, February 3, 2008 - Shrug the shoulders, and enjoy the superbowl in the part of the basement that doesn't have fecal matter embedded into the carpet fibers...

6 comments:

Christie said...

If I didn't find the idea of you on your hands and knees cleaning up your own feces so hilariously funny, I'd feel sorry for you. I might link to your blog tomorrow just because you actually POSTED something. Wait til you get lots of traffic and compliments. Soon you'll have real awards and everything.

P.S. That is a beautiful basement. Well done. Too bad there's feces in the carpet now.

danandcindy said...

Stie...

How could me kneeling in my own feces be funny to you? I had no idea how bad it hurt when people post mean comments on your blog... I may now be a changed man forever. I'll never intentionally post another mean thing on a blog again... Thank you for teaching me through your rudeness, how important it is to be nice to people.

Anonymous said...

That is unfortunate. The basement looks great though.

Hopefully everything works out. As always let me know if you need anything.

Christie said...

Happy, as always, to provide you with some growth and learning experiences. Sorry to laugh at your misery and misfortune.

Mostly Jessica said...

Well it did look good. That really STINKS!!!

Taylor said...

Remember that "barrier" we talked about when I came to tour your basement? Well, now I'm seriously rethinking that idea...

Basement looks great. Now that Jill's seen it, she wants me to do our just like yours.

You should really clean up that foul mouth of yours... ;-)